The Armstrongs

Our story, the Armstrongs. My wife suffered a stroke a few years ago because of a violent crime.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Dear family and friends,



I hope this letter finds you healthy and happy! It has been an interesting year in 2005. Many things have happened am in my third year of rehab at Life Care of Charleston. I have made little bits of improvements in the area of mobility. My trunk strength is better (y�all didn�t know I was an elephant; I wish I had the memory of one). Everyone says I look better. My hair has grown back thicker than ever. I have a dear friend, Evelyn Evans, who�s mother is at Life Care. She washes and puts my hair in really pretty braids. She treats me like a queen, brings my family homemade muffins and cookies. Her gift of unconditional love blesses my life and thus I feel normal when she visits with me. She is doing the Lord�s work by being kind and giving me a beautiful smile that matches her clear, blue eyes. It never fails she encourages me and I am happy again. Being in a nursing home during the day at my age can get depressing at times, I have met some nice ladies there. Alexander is in the second grade and it is very changing for him. Jaime is in the seventh grade and is doing well. He is attending a school of the arts. He is a wonderful thirteen year-old, he helps a great bit around the home. He went to a Depeche Mode concert with James in November. James needed the well deserved brake from me. James has been working hard. His office moved and he was in charge of getting the phones set up right along with everyone�s computer. I don�t know what they would do without him. I thank my heavenly father everyday for James and all that he does for me and that he will continue to have the strength to keep up the care he gives me. He comes and has lunch with me everyday at Life Care. When I see him strolling down the hallway I fall in love with him all over again. I am not ashamed to tell the world I love my husband. He is one of the best things to happen to me, along with being baptized into THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. On the first of October my father passed away. It was very sad, but I know he is in a better place. My mother is doing as well as can be expected, they were married for over fifty years. My sister, laurie, lives close by and my uncle Buster, keeps tabs on her along with my aunt Eleanor. I am very thankful that aunt Eleanor is taking up time with her sister. Aunt Eleanor always showed compassion to others and I have always admired her for that.


WE WISH YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!




LOVE,
Carol Armstrong & Family
My email is carol@thearmstrongs.org and I am always happy to get an email.
 Posted by Picasa